This is Mount Gede as seen from our front porch, one of two volcanoes that are connected. Looking at it is very calming and centering. Centuries ago Indonesia was once Buddhist but somehow religion and even naming does not seem relevant when immersed in nature.
Closer look...
Morning sun, flower, me, inter-are...
Bamboo and metal wind chimes call,
evoke, remind and reconnect.
This is a "village" rose. Here "village" has a derogatory connotation meaning narrow-minded but it can also mean hardy like this rose bush which is easy to take care of and has lots of gorgeous flowers!
This wood Buddha statue is from Bali. I had a very strong affinity for it the first time I saw it. I love polishing it with teak oil and seeing the wood darken in color. I haven't been able to identify the mudra, but more importantly the hands are perfectly placed to hold hibiscus flowers which is my offering to myself and those who see it...
Pair of statues from Cambodia...
Loyal and good friends are very important on the path!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment