Monday, January 25, 2010

Daily Meditation 01/25/10

Today I somehow didn't set the timer properly and wound up going for 1 hr 20 min before I checked the clock. It was somewhat of a rough ride with me many times succumbing to the seductiveness of thought. I tried to be more muscular in my concentration but felt like I was clamping too tightly. I also tried breathing as if each breathe were my very last on this earth. This worked for awhile - present, aware and concentrated until some shiny attractive thought passed and then I was gone again... Other times I was lost in the trees and then all of a sudden found myself in a clearing... Open, spacious, and clear. Hard to maintain though and soon enough lost in the trees again. How wonderful it is to meditate... Even after a "tough" session everything seems right, as if I have bathed my mind and emerged refreshed. Later I found myself lost in the spaciousness outside - wind blowing and animating all it touched, leaves and flowers trembling, gentle ridges and clouds framing like eyebrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment