Sunday, January 24, 2010

Meditation and martial arts

More than six years later I am still trying to feel my way thru having two major practices: meditation which has slowly become more of an embracing of Buddhism as a path and my martial arts practice which I have been doing on and off since 1984 and was the main reason I came to Indonesia in 1992. One thing is for sure, the amount of aggression I feel towards self and others has gone down. Fear, anger, aversion is something I can start to put in a "larger container" and look at with some degree of subjectivity. I also have started to gain understanding of how anger and aggression damages me. But I often feel out of sync with the vibe at my martial arts school even though to be accurate this feeling predates my meditation practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment