Still working on concentration series of talks by Gil Fronsdal series on Audiodharma. Still strange not to being doing Vipassana but today in my meditation at times I felt present, connected, whole, fresh and alive. A few times I could "see" a thought arise and recognize it as such. Other times I felt myself slip and without noticing give in to the seductiveness of thought. It was nice to note without blame or remorse and get back to the breath. I am so grateful for the Audiodharma recordings and Gil Fronsdal.
I need and enjoy my daily sittings so much. At some point I would like to look more deeply at my resistance to going back for a third 10 day retreat...
We have had some mice in our house and looking at my reluctance to have our dogs take care of them I see pity but also some dogmatic adherence to not killing. A bit of a comic scene with my wife on a chair screaming - just like a scene in some cartoon, my daughter locking herself in another room refusing to open the door, and the dogs busily sniffing, happy to be inside the house and finally proudly carrying out a very small mouse body.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment